Sunday, February 13, 2011

Boundary Dissolutions in life.

The articles on digital media and the blending of thoughts and emotions and the blending of boundaries in life were very interesting and I actually found a big parallel that relates in my life. I've realized a big dissolution of boundaries in my own life recently. The connection between my art, here at UNCSA, and my academics. I've noticed since I've come to UNCSA that the disconnection between my academic classes like English and History have actually come to become more connected and intertwined. UNCSA itself actually dissolves the boundaries between academics and arts so that the students can find connections easily and, in the end, it makes learning more fun.
I've learned from the articles and videos that the digital world is becoming very intertwined and boundaries between music (remixing and "dubstep") and videos and digital media in general are becoming seem to becoming non-existent. Artists are now rearranging songs with new beats and giving the techno-rhythms that could never be thought possible 20 years ago.
I have also noticed from the articles that this digital media age that we are in is growing by the day. It seems like only yesterday when the personal computer was here, and now we have blu-ray and Wii's and all this technology that is blending our entertainment, in general.
The boundaries of video games and movies are also dissolving as well. Video games are slowly starting to become more and more like movies. Their are cut scenes that flow just like a film and they are even hiring famous actors to do the voices and even the movements for the characters.
Boundaries in the media world are slowly dissolving into nothingness. The digital media world is just too powerful and fast for things to not connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment